Saturday, January 3, 2009

Growing on me

Well, I think that it is time for a new post.  My last one started off fairly negative, and yes, perhaps even harsh.  Well folks you might want to sit down for this one...but I am actually done with bashing Korea.  Because despite the smells and the traffic and overall completely different way of life here, I am actually starting to like it, a little...it is all very different, that is for sure, and I still don't LOVE it, but it is growing on me.  So this post is going to be me listing a few things that I actually like about this place.

First of all the people.  Very friendly people, and always willing to share.  At least the kids in my classes are like this, as for everyone else I haven't yet had the opportunity to experience their "giving spirit", but I am sure that they have one.  

Secondly Korean kids are really cute.  It's just a fact.  I don't know what it is but almost every kid I have come across here is simply adorable.  

Third thing, just an over all happy spirit.  Even on the trash cans it says, "isn't it nice to have all of your dreams come true".  Yes, it's cheesy, yes, it makes no sense that it is on a trash can, however, it does represent the overall view that many Koreans have about life.  It is just good to be here.

Fourth is my job.  Yes, it is political, yes my boss says and does stuff that I don't agree with, however, despite it all I really do enjoy it.  It has made me think of pursuing education when I get home.  While I don't know if I will, it is something I will be looking into as time goes on.  

That's about all that I have for now, at least things that stick out.  The things that I hated when I first got here are slowly beginning to be more tolerable.  I still miss friends and family quite a bit, but my experience here is improving.  So God Bless Korea and all of it's craziness, til next time...goodbye and God Bless!

Kelly

2 comments:

My name is April. said...

Aww Kelly, thanks for sharing! That's great!

Chronicles said...

That's the spirit!!